Rules for the 2015 Hofstra English Department Twitter Poetry Contest
- Prizes will be $50 for the winner and $25 each for two other highly commended submissions.
- Entrants may submit up to 3 poems of no more than 140 characters each. Each poem must be original work and should use slashes to indicate line breaks. Please be advised that normal Twitter rules apply; space, slashes, punctuation, and “#hofpoem” are included in the 140 character limit.
- Entrants must be Hofstra undergraduates. Winners must present a Hofstra ID in order to collect a prize.
- Entrants must have a Twitter account and follow “@Hofstra_English” Do not start multiple Twitter accounts in order to exceed the maximum of 3 poems; according to the Twitter website, you may have all of your accounts suspended as a result.
- Tweet your submission(s) to #hofpoem.
- The contest deadline is Friday, March 20 at 5:00 pm.
- You may be contacted by Twitter direct message regarding your submissions.
- A panel of graduate students and faculty from Hofstra’s MFA in Creative Writing will judge submissions.
- Winners will be announced by April 4, 2015 through Hofstra English Department social media accounts:
- Questions may be directed to Roberts@hofstra.edu